LanguageCert International ESOL (Listening, Reading, Writing) – the ‘Written Exam’
ESOL exam that includes listening, reading, writing qualification is called the ‘Written Exam’.
The exam is interesting and enjoyable as candidates deal with language tasks from everyday life events, such as writing letters, sharing opinions, listening to an interesting conversation or reading a text– only to mention a few examples. Still the type of the exercises varies based on the qualification level.
The exam is possible in 3 forms: Online (vouchers), Paper and Computer-based format
The Written Exam offers a range of tangible benefits:
- Student and teacher-friendly exam, requiring little exam-specific preparation
- Exam duration: about 2.5 hours depending on the qualification level
- Flexible structure:
- Listening section: 26 questions
- Reading section: 26 questions
- Writing section: 2 tasks
All questions of the Listening and Reading sections, and the 2 tasks of the Writing section are equivalent.
- Pass Score: at least 50% overall in all sections. No thresholds or limitations per section. For more details please see the table below
- LanguageCert Certificate in International English for Speakers of Other Languages (Listening, Reading, Writing) is awarded to successful candidates
What are the assessment rules of the Written Exam?
The LanguageCert International ESOL suite of examinations is directly aligned to the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) produced by the Council of Europe. The Written Exam is rigorously assessed against CEFR specified criteria. The grades awarded will be either High Pass, Pass or Fail.
International ESOL Part
Total Maximum Score
101-150 out of 150
75-100 out of 150
0-74 out of 150
All Examiners are approved by LanguageCert and undergo rigorous and frequent training and moderation, to ensure that grades are awarded strictly in accordance with CEFR levels and LanguageCert examination requirements.
Sapientify is dedicated to prepare students who want to take the Spoken and/or written ESOL exam succeed! If you need more information or preparation hours, please contact us via email, social media or our phone number!